1. Why are we providing this privacy notice?
We are required to provide you with this Privacy Notice by Law.
It explains how we use your personal information we collect, store
and hold about you. If you are unclear about how we process or use your
personal information, or you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or any other
issue regarding your personal information, then please do contact our Data Protection Officer (details below).
The law says:
- We must let you know why we collect personal information about you;
- We must let you know how we use any personal information we hold on you;
- We need to inform you in respect of what we do with it;
- We need to tell you about who we share it with or pass it on to and why; and
- We need to let you know how long we can keep it for.
2. The Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer for Data Care Solutions Ltd (DCS) is Dr Jay Verma. You can contact him on 020 8226 4111 if:
- You have any questions about how your information is being held;
- If you require access to your information or if you wish to make a change to your information;
- If you wish to make a complaint about anything to do with the personal information we hold about you;
- Or any other query relating to this Policy and your rights as a Client.
3. About Us
We, at Data Care Solutions (“the Company”) situated at Elers Road Clinic, Elers Road, Hayes UB3 1NY,
are a Data Controller of your information. This means we are responsible for collecting, storing and handling your personal
information when you enquire and/or register for any of our services.
There may be times where we also process your information. That means we use it for a particular purpose and, therefore,
on those occasions we may also be Data Processors. The purposes for which we use your information are set out in this Privacy Notice.
4. Information We Collect From You
We collect information about you when you use our website (for example contact us with a query or download a report) or email us directly. The information we collect from you will include:
- Your contact details (such as your name, job title, place of work, telephone number, and email address);
- The reason for your enquiry; and
- Which website pages you have visited and when.
If you decide to use any of our services and/or products then we will collect anonymised and/or pseudo-anonymised
information from your system for auditing, monitoring and quality improvement purposes.*
The information we will collect are pseudo-anonymised and can only be matched to an individual by the practice and relevant to your request such as:
- Emis number;
- Age of patient;
- The first part of postcode (e.g. UB3 XXX);
- Usual GP initials;
- Coded Medical history (including event date, code and associated free text);
- Medication type (including brand), quantity and issue date(s);
- Recent investigations values (e.g. blood test results, spirometry);
- Hospital outpatient (department and date); and
- Count of appointments or consultations.
*Please note that we do NOT store or process any patient identifiable data.
5. Third Parties
We will not share any of your personal information with any other companies without asking your permission to do so.
6. Information About You From Others
We also collect personal information about you when it is sent to us from the following:
- Recommendation from other customers; and
- Other third parties that you have consented for us to contact you directly.
7. Anonymised Information
Sometimes we may provide information about you in an anonymised form. If we do so, then none of the information we provide to any other party will identify you as an individual and cannot be traced back to you.
8. How We Use The Information About You
We will use your information to:
- Inform you, if requested, of specific patients suitable for medical record review (we do not have the ability to match the patient).
- Understand coding patterns to help improve accuracy of future searches.
- Understand trends in patients’ journey for optimal care.
We would like to keep in touch with you about the latest research, best practice and innovations in analytics technology. We design our content to share skills and support you in your role.
We may use your information to:
- Personalise and tailor educational and skills share content;
- Invite you to upcoming events that may interest you;
- Ask for your feedback on any DCS services and/or products you are using;
- Deal with entries into a competition;
- Notify you of changes to our services.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the intended purpose when you provided your data.
9. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We carefully consider any personal information that we store about you, and we will not keep your information for longer than is necessary for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Notice.
If you decide to discontinue using any of DCS products and/or services, we will keep your information for up to six years after you leave us. If you wish us to remove your data, please get in touch.
If you have a concern about the way we handle your personal data or you have a complaint about what we are doing,
or how we have used or handled your personal information, then please contact our Data Protection Officer.
However, you have a right to raise any concern or complaint with the UK information regulator, at the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/.
11. Our Website
The only website this Privacy Notice applies to is the Company’s website.
If you use a link to any other website from the Company’s website then you will
need to read their respective privacy notice. We take no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for the content of other websites.
is stored by your browser on your computer. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information.
We use them to measure visits and improve content and navigation on our website.
We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie)
and third-party cookies together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to your website.
We adhere to Google’s policies about interest-based advertising and sensitive categories when doing so.
Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network
ads using the Ads Preferences Manager. Some features of DCS’s website and service, such as
personalisation and account information, require that cookies be turned on.
If you wish, you can turn on your browser cookie preference when using these features,
and then turn them off when you visit other websites.
By using our website and / or our data analytics services, you consent to the collection and use of information as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
We take the security of your information very seriously and we do everything we can to ensure that your information is always protected and secure.
We regularly update our processes and systems and we also ensure that our staff are properly trained. We also carry out assessments and audits of
the information that we hold about you and make sure that if we provide any other services, we carry out proper assessments and security reviews.
14. Contacting You
Because we are obliged to protect any confidential information we hold about you and we take this very seriously, it is imperative that you let us know immediately if you change any of your contact details.
15. Contact Us
By Law, you have a right to know what personal information or your practice information we hold, if you would like a copy please email email@example.com.
Furthermore, we believe that all emails that we send to you contain important information and updates which are important.
If you would like to discontinue using this service, simply click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any of our email(s).
16. Where to Find Our Privacy Notice
You may find a copy of this Privacy Notice in the Company’s reception, on our website, or a copy may be provided on request.
17. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We regularly review and update our Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 02.07.2018.